Sunday, February 14, 2010

Big Chief Keito.

So, Mardi Gras Indian culture in New Orleans is a big deal. Several days ago I had the pleasure of meeting the Big Chief of the Seminole Indians in his home while he was working on his elaborate costume. The nonprofit I work for rebuilt his Hurricane Katrina devastated home last year and was doing an article on him for this week. It was so much fun snapping pictures while he was being interviewed. I soaked it all in, and would love to do more photojournalism stuff like this in the future. Read the article about Keito Jones here.

(Only downside to this was my ISO was on 6400 the whole time because of how dim it was in his house. Gross, haha. But I really love the images that I captured, in spite of it.)


keito11

keito1

keito2

keito-16

keito9

keito8

keito4

keito-15

keito3

keito-13

keito7

keito6

keito5

keito-14

keito10

keito-12

So amazing, right? His costume weighs more than he does! Hundreds of pounds. Oh my gawwwsh.

Anyway. Happy Valentines Day. :) I've been a bum this evening in my pajamas...and can you tell I've been painting by all the black paint on my hand/forehead? Ha.

feb14blogself

Those are lollipops my father gave me today along with some other little valentine goodies. I love my daddy.

--------------------------


Inspiration
Yesterday and today I've been listening to my Philip Glass pandora station like crazy. Currently digging these albums:




And admiring this piece of art by my good friend Evan Dull.





That's all I've got for you tonight. In my next post I will show you the paintings I've been working on inspired by this little doodle that came out of my brain the other day...


hearteye


See ya.

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. I WANT THEM BOOTS.

    But fo reals, those are super sweet. (The photos, not the boots. The boots are sweet too, though.)

    Also happy to know I'm not the only one who ends up with paint all over me. And since I don't shower much, I'm pretty much covered in paint 24/7. Awesome.

    Sidenote: I still want to find a feather headdress...maybe I shall make one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice peeks Jen... :) owhh, IndieJane right here too.. :)..

    ReplyDelete