Saturday, April 17, 2010

I would not want to be a member of this gym.

For obvious reasons.

This building (which one served as a gym) remained untouched, almost 5 years after Hurricane Katrina.

In most parts of the building it was completely dark. I don't think I ever went below ISO 3200 (it was usually on 6400), and my shutter speed was usually lower than 1/60. Sometimes I put it down to 1/8.
I didn't have a tripod either, so the photographs are not very crisp. Because of the lack of light, some times I had no idea what I was taking a picture of or where I was aiming. I was just trying to document, rather than create good images.

I think they speak for themselves..



gopblog-3

gopblog-4

gopblog-6

This is what was caked all over the floor:

gopblog-7

gopblog-9

gopblog-10

Waterline.

gopblog-8

gopblog-11

gopblog-13

gopblog-12

gopblog-17

gopblog-16

gopblog-14

gopblog-18

gopblog-21

gopblog-22

gopblog-23

gopblog-20

gopblog-19


There are countless buildings, and homes, that are still remaining in this "un-gutted" state.

Intense.

-Jen

1 comment:

  1. I think you chose the right word. Intense.
    I'm glad you get to document these things.
    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete