Friday, February 19, 2010

A day in the life.

Most of my days are spent driving around taking photographs of the Katrina-devastated homes that are in the process of being rebuilt. Check SBP out. Here are some of the things that I encountered today.

Don't let the outside of this house fool you. All houses in St. Bernard Parish (where I work, right above New Orleans) were proclaimed uninhabitable. That's right. %100 devastated, not one house was spared. The lots to the left and right of this house were reduced to slabs.


feb19blog10

feb19blog2

Homeowner, Ms. Theresa.

feb19blog9

feb19blog1

feb19blog7

feb19blog6

feb19blog8

feb19blog5


Yep. Sometimes it's numbing. But most of the time, my job keeps my attitude in check. Hurricanes, well, all tragedies, will do that to ya -- make you realize what's important and what's not.

Anyway.

Inspiration.

Jason Thielke's brilliant architectural portraits.






That's all. Nighty.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment